“A recent survey by Prof Richard Wiseman of Hertfordshire University shows more than 28m people in the UK regularly get no more than seven hours sleep a night.”
A shocking fact as not getting enough sleep affects all areas of our lives, emotional, physical and mental so following simple and trusted methods to get a better night’s sleep will give you more energy and mental clarity and allow you to deal with everything life throws at you.
The effectiveness of essential oils in enhancing and deepening sleep are well known and have been practiced for thousands of years. Essential oils activate receptor neurones when in inhaled and send signals to the brain to tell you to relax. This will bring comfort to a stressed nervous system to deliver peace and encourage sleep. So combining the wonders of aromatherapy with other simple methods is where you should start.”
- Essential oils like Lavender used in the Monique Hart Products decrease heart rate and blood pressure, which will assist in aiding sleep.
- Firstly I suggest you remove all electrical items from your bedroom, no TV and most definitely no mobile phones or tablets in your bedroom. The blue light emitted from these devices suppresses the production of the sleep-inducing hormone melatonin and of course using these devices will also mean your brain is not in a relaxed state meaning it will take longer to switch off and sleep. Also ensuring your phone is out of the bedroom means you can’t check messages and emails every few minutes and is one easy way to lower stress levels and ensure your mind is calm.
- Have a signature Monique Hart Hot Oil Massage – a massage can offer the benefit equivalent to 7 hours of sleep so one massage a week can help you catch up on those lost hours, plus the essential oils will aid in a peaceful sleep.
- Watch your diet – what you eat and when you eat can have an effect on the quality of your sleep. Cut down on sugary foods and don’t drink caffeine in the evening, also avoid heavy meals at least 2 hours before you go to bed. Stay hydrated when you are not your body wont function well and sleep will be affected.
- In a recent US study lack of sleep can double the signs of ageing in women- and skin becomes dehydrated & Lines more visible. I recommend you hydrate and calm skin with Bleeding Hart Mist as it has hyaluronic acid to plump and hydrate the skin and body
- Exercise – The National Sleep Foundation poll in 2013 found that exercise greatly improves sleep, and that vigorous exercisers report the best sleep. I recommend yoga it is know to aid sleep with techniques like yoga nidra and meditation. In The Hart spa we use these principals and mindfulness techniques to aid relaxation and sleep.
- The Monique Hart Products are unique as the key ingredient the bleeding Hart essence works like homeopathy on energetic levels to restore the mind body, & spirit. It also brings peace and harmony. This calming affect will allow peaceful restorative sleep.
- The products used in Monique Hart Products are 100 Natural and will benefit you general well being and sleep. Many other brands contain parabens & toxins that put toxins in the body. Which hinders relaxed restful sleep.
- Prepare for sleep – use an hour before bedtime to wind down, relax with the Bleeding Hart Candle burning. The essential oils of Lavender, Rose, Cedarwood and Geranium are a soothing sedative to the mind and combined with the physical and emotional calming effects of Lemon Balm the aroma will bring comfort to a stressed nervous system to deliver peace, calm, emotional strength and to encourage sleep
- Use the Bleeding Hart Mist to drift off into a peaceful sleep whilst inhaling the delicate aroma of ingredients such as Rose Geranium, Lavender, Jasmine, and Honey Mertyle known for regenerating energies and to calm the nervous system of anxiety, diminish effects of stress, fear and anxiety and relax the respiratory system to induce long, restful and undisturbed sleep.